Welcome to Youth Ministry
Director of Youth Ministry: Lisa Kopertowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.”
Youth Ministry News
To present the youth of our parish many opportunities to encounter the living Christ. Service, Scripture, and social events will be the parameters of our mission. We will challenge teens to come out of their comfort zone to seek, find, and use the gifts they received at Baptism and Confirmation: to know, understand, and accept their mission as Disciples of Christ.
Our goal is to create hearts on fire for Christ by …
- Enabling our youth to recognize the importance of their faith, the Holy Catholic Church, it’s teachings and traditions.
- Enabling our youth to defend their faith with love and charity, in a world that is trying to diminish remove Christ. Learning that we can respect and love people of different faiths and belief systems.
- Helping move knowledge of Jesus Christ from their “minds” to their “hearts.”
- Developing and growing a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Allowing them the opportunity to make their faith their own.
- Recognizing God as their Father, and their importance and dignity as a son or daughter destined for a kingdom in heaven.
- Focusing on their dignity and the actions that come from that awareness.
- Ultimately becoming the hands and feet of God’s mercy in the world by developing a true charitable nature outside of themselves.
Our youth ministry has four groups of focus: the Sixth Grade Group, the Junior High Group, the High School Group, and the Young Adults Group. All are welcome to participate in the group appropriate for their age and all are welcome to bring friends. The friends you invite to our events do not have to be parishioners and they do not have to be Catholic.
Choose the group that you are interested in and click on the name to learn more about it:
Sixth Grade Group, for sixth graders to begin involvement with youth group activities before Confirmation
Junior High Group, for youth in 7th and 8th grade to deepen their faith and learn how to put it in action
J – Walkers: Walking with Jesus, for youth in 9th through 12 grade to grow in their faith through social events and service projects
Young Adults Group, open to all young adults ages 18 to 35, married or single